@ny.blackwhite

NYC Black&White @ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿ“ท #shotoniphone @apple ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ค ๐‘Œ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜ ๐ถ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ษชษด BสŸแด€แด„แด‹ ๏น  Wสœษชแด›แด‡ โœ๏ธ @alo_sojin . โ€œ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ญ๐ž,๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฌโ€

https://nywhiteandblack.tumblr.com/

โš“๏ธ Bแฅ™ฮนแฅฃdฮนแฅ’g 92 โš“๏ธ
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โšก๏ธ Built in 1858, Building 92 was originally the Marine Commandant's residence. Today, this fully-restored, LEED Platinum building is the Yard's exhibition.
.
๐ŸŽ– Established in 1801, the Brooklyn Navy Yard served as America's premier naval shipbuilding facility for 165 years, and launched Americaโ€™s mightiest warships, including the USS Monitor, the USS Arizona, and the USS Missouri.
.
๐ŸŽŸ Peak activity occurred during World War II, when some 70,000 people worked at the Yard. .
๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ The Yard was in continuous operation until 1966, when it was decommissioned and then sold to the City of New York.
.
โš“๏ธ The Yard is continuing its biggest expansion since World War II, with some $700 million in new development in progress. With the openings of Building 77 and Dock 72, redevelopment of Admirals Row, expansion of Steiner Studios, and other projects, employment at the Yard will more than double in the next few years, jumping from 7,000 to 17,000+ by 2020.
.
Spanish
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โšก๏ธ Construido en 1858, el Edificio 92 fue originalmente la residencia del Comandante de la Marina.  Hoy, este edificio LEED Platinum completamente restaurado es la exposiciรณn del Yard.
.
๐ŸŽ– Establecido en 1801, el Brooklyn Navy Yard sirviรณ como la principal instalaciรณn naval de construcciรณn naval de Estados Unidos durante 165 aรฑos, y lanzรณ los buques de guerra mรกs poderosos de Estados Unidos, incluidos el USS Monitor, el USS Arizona y el USS Missouri.
.
๐ŸŽŸ La actividad pico ocurriรณ durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial, cuando unas 70,000 personas trabajaban en el Yard. .
๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ The Yard estuvo en funcionamiento continuo hasta 1966, cuando fue dado de baja y luego vendido a la ciudad de Nueva York. .
โš“๏ธ The Yard continรบa su mayor expansiรณn desde la Segunda Guerra Mundial, con unos $ 700 millones en nuevos desarrollos en progreso.  Con las aperturas de Building 77 y Dock 72, la remodelaciรณn de Admirals Row, la expansiรณn de Steiner Studios y otros proyectos, el empleo en el Yard se duplicarรก en los prรณximos aรฑos, pasando de 7,000 a 17,000+ en 2020.
.
#navy #yard #building92 #newyork #brooklyn #blackandwhite
@ny.blackwhite

โš“๏ธ Bแฅ™ฮนแฅฃdฮนแฅ’g 92 โš“๏ธ . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” โšก๏ธ Built in 1858, Building 92 was originally the Marine Commandant's residence. Today, this fully-restored, LEED Platinum building is the Yard's exhibition. . ๐ŸŽ– Established in 1801, the Brooklyn Navy Yard served as America's premier naval shipbuilding facility for 165 years, and launched Americaโ€™s mightiest warships, including the USS Monitor, the USS Arizona, and the USS Missouri. . ๐ŸŽŸ Peak activity occurred during World War II, when some 70,000 people worked at the Yard. . ๐Ÿšฃ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ The Yard was in continuous operation until 1966, when it was decommissioned and then sold to the City of New York. . โš“๏ธ The Yard is continuing its biggest expansion since World War II, with some $700 million in new development in progress. With the openings of Building 77 and Dock 72, redevelopment of Admirals Row, expansion of Steiner Studios, and other

โšก๏ธ ๐™ด๐š–๐š™๐š’๐š›๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ ๐™ฑ๐šž๐š’๐š•๐š๐š’๐š—๐š โšก๏ธ
.
๐Ÿ“Tower Lights of the #empirestatebuilding โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’š ๐–ฎ๐–ญ ๐–ถ๐–ค๐–ฃ๐–ญ๐–ค๐–ฒ๐–ฃ๐– ๐–ธ, ๐–ญ๐–ฎ๐–ต๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ก๐–ค๐–ฑ ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ, ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿซ, ๐–ณ๐–ง๐–ค ๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ฏ๐–จ๐–ฑ๐–ค ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ณ๐–ค ๐–ก๐–ด๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ฃ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ซ ๐–ก๐–ค ๐–ซ๐–จ๐–ณ ๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ฃ & ๐–ฆ๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ค๐–ญ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ณ๐–ง ๐–  ๐–ฒ๐–ฏ๐– ๐–ฑ๐–ช๐–ซ๐–ค ๐–ฅ๐–ฎ๐–ฑ ๐–ฎ๐–ฏ๐–ค๐–ญ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–ญ๐–จ๐–ฆ๐–ง๐–ณ ๐–ฎ๐–ฅ ๐–ณ๐–ง๐–ค ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿซ ๐–ข๐–ง๐–ฑ๐–จ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐–ฌ๐– ๐–ฒ ๐–ฒ๐–ฏ๐–ค๐–ข๐–ณ๐– ๐–ข๐–ด๐–ซ๐– ๐–ฑ.
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
@radiocitymusichall 
#empirestate #esbfan #empirestateofmind #nyc #newyork #lensball
@ny.blackwhite

โšก๏ธ ๐™ด๐š–๐š™๐š’๐š›๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ ๐™ฑ๐šž๐š’๐š•๐š๐š’๐š—๐š โšก๏ธ . ๐Ÿ“Tower Lights of the #empirestatebuilding โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’š ๐–ฎ๐–ญ ๐–ถ๐–ค๐–ฃ๐–ญ๐–ค๐–ฒ๐–ฃ๐– ๐–ธ, ๐–ญ๐–ฎ๐–ต๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ก๐–ค๐–ฑ ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ, ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿซ, ๐–ณ๐–ง๐–ค ๐–ค๐–ฌ๐–ฏ๐–จ๐–ฑ๐–ค ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ณ๐–ค ๐–ก๐–ด๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ฃ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ซ๐–ซ ๐–ก๐–ค ๐–ซ๐–จ๐–ณ ๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ฃ & ๐–ฆ๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ค๐–ญ ๐–ถ๐–จ๐–ณ๐–ง ๐–  ๐–ฒ๐–ฏ๐– ๐–ฑ๐–ช๐–ซ๐–ค ๐–ฅ๐–ฎ๐–ฑ ๐–ฎ๐–ฏ๐–ค๐–ญ๐–จ๐–ญ๐–ฆ ๐–ญ๐–จ๐–ฆ๐–ง๐–ณ ๐–ฎ๐–ฅ ๐–ณ๐–ง๐–ค ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿซ ๐–ข๐–ง๐–ฑ๐–จ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐–ฌ๐– ๐–ฒ ๐–ฒ๐–ฏ๐–ค๐–ข๐–ณ๐– ๐–ข๐–ด๐–ซ๐– ๐–ฑ. โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” @radiocitymusichall #empirestate #esbfan #empirestateofmind #nyc #newyork #lensball

๐ŸŽฌ ๐—จ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐ŸŽฌ
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ™ The United Palace is a theater located at 4140 Broadway in the Washington Heights neighborhood.
.
๐ŸŽน functions both as a spiritual center, and a non-profit cultural and performing arts center.
.
๐ŸŽŸ Built in 1930 as Loew's 175th Street Theatre, the venue was originally a movie palace designed by architect Thomas W. Lamb, who designed over 300 theatres in his career.
.
๐Ÿต The theatre's lavishly eclectic interior decor was supervised by Harold Rambusch, who also designed the interior of the Roxy Theatre and the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
.
๐ŸŽญ The theater operated continuously until it was closed by Loew's in 1969. That same year it was purchased for over a half million dollars by the television evangelist Rev.
.
๐ŸŽง The interior is decorated with filigreed walls and ceilings, illuminated with indirect, recessed lighting from within and behind the walls. The rich decor is enhanced by the addition of authentic Louis XV and XVI furnishings and a collection of other works of art.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ™ El United Palace es un teatro ubicado en 4140 Broadway en el vecindario de Washington Heights.
.
๐ŸŽน funciona como un centro espiritual y un centro cultural y de artes escรฉnicas sin fines de lucro.
.
๐ŸŽŸ Construido en 1930 como el 175th Street Theatre de Loew, el lugar fue originalmente un palacio de cine diseรฑado por el arquitecto Thomas W. Lamb, quien diseรฑรณ mรกs de 300 teatros en su carrera.
.
๐ŸตLa decoraciรณn interior lujosamente eclรฉctica del teatro fue supervisada por Harold Rambusch, quien tambiรฉn diseรฑรณ el interior del Teatro Roxy y el Hotel Waldorf-Astoria.
.
๐ŸŽญEl teatro funcionรณ continuamente hasta que Loew's lo cerrรณ en 1969. Ese mismo aรฑo, un evangelista televisivo lo comprรณ por mรกs de medio millรณn de dรณlares.
.
๐ŸŽงEl interior estรก decorado con paredes y techos de filigrana, iluminados con iluminaciรณn indirecta y empotrada desde dentro y detrรกs de las paredes.La decoraciรณn se ve reforzada por la adiciรณn de muebles autรฉnticos de Luis XV y XVI y una colecciรณn de otras obras de arte.
.
#unitedpalace #unitedpalacetheater #nyc #newyork #blackandwhite #blackandwhitephotography
@ny.blackwhite

๐ŸŽฌ ๐—จ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐ŸŽฌ . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ™ The United Palace is a theater located at 4140 Broadway in the Washington Heights neighborhood. . ๐ŸŽน functions both as a spiritual center, and a non-profit cultural and performing arts center. . ๐ŸŽŸ Built in 1930 as Loew's 175th Street Theatre, the venue was originally a movie palace designed by architect Thomas W. Lamb, who designed over 300 theatres in his career. . ๐Ÿต The theatre's lavishly eclectic interior decor was supervised by Harold Rambusch, who also designed the interior of the Roxy Theatre and the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. . ๐ŸŽญ The theater operated continuously until it was closed by Loew's in 1969. That same year it was purchased for over a half million dollars by the television evangelist Rev. . ๐ŸŽง The interior is decorated with filigreed walls and ceilings, illuminated with indirect, recessed lighting from

๐ŸŒณ ๐—๐—ผ๐—ต๐—ป ๐—ง. ๐—•๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ต ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐ŸŒณ
.
๐Ÿ“#facts.
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ” John Tomlinson Brush (June 15, 1845 โ€“ November 26, 1912) was an American sports executive who is primarily remembered as the owner of the New York Giants Major League Baseball franchise from 1890 until his death.
.
๐Ÿ”ฅ He also owned the Indianapolis Hoosiers in the late 1880s, and the Cincinnati Reds from 1891 to 1902. Under his leadership, the Giants were revived as a franchise after a decline during the 1890s.
.
๐ŸŽฌ Harry N. Hempstead, Brush's son-in-law who succeeded him as owner of the Giants, had the John T. Brush Stairway built and presented it to the city during ceremonies on July 9, 1913.
.
โค๏ธ In 2011, the New York City Parks and Recreation Department launched a $950,000 restoration project .Major League Baseball gave $50,000 to the project, along with other old Polo Grounds tenants -- the San Francisco Giants.
.
๐ŸŽฒ Steel letters in the concrete landing say,
@ny.blackwhite

๐ŸŒณ ๐—๐—ผ๐—ต๐—ป ๐—ง. ๐—•๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ต ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐ŸŒณ . ๐Ÿ“ #facts. English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ” John Tomlinson Brush (June 15, 1845 โ€“ November 26, 1912) was an American sports executive who is primarily remembered as the owner of the New York Giants Major League Baseball franchise from 1890 until his death. . ๐Ÿ”ฅ He also owned the Indianapolis Hoosiers in the late 1880s, and the Cincinnati Reds from 1891 to 1902. Under his leadership, the Giants were revived as a franchise after a decline during the 1890s. . ๐ŸŽฌ Harry N. Hempstead, Brush's son-in-law who succeeded him as owner of the Giants, had the John T. Brush Stairway built and presented it to the city during ceremonies on July 9, 1913. . โค๏ธ In 2011, the New York City Parks and Recreation Department launched a $950,000 restoration project .Major League Baseball gave $50,000 to the project, along with other old Polo Grounds

๐Ÿ™ ๐š…๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š—๐šœ ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐šข ๐Ÿ™
.
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โ€œHonor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his countryโ€™s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.โ€
.
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โค๏ธ We are thankful for your service.
.
#veteransday #veterans #veteran #thankful #newyork #nyc #blackandwhite #blackandwhitephotography
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿ™ ๐š…๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š—๐šœ ๐™ณ๐šŠ๐šข ๐Ÿ™ . โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” โ€œHonor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his countryโ€™s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.โ€ . โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” โค๏ธ We are thankful for your service. . #veteransday #veterans #veteran #thankful #newyork #nyc #blackandwhite #blackandwhitephotography

๐Ÿ” Bส€แดษดx Sแดœแด˜ส€แด‡แดแด‡ Cแดแดœส€แด› ๐Ÿ”Ž
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ– The Bronx County Courthouse, also known as the Mario Merola Building, is a historic courthouse building located in the Concourse and Melrose neighborhoods of the Bronx.
.
๐ŸคIt was designed in 1931 and built between 1931 and 1934. It is a nine-story limestone building on a rusticated granite base in the Art Deco style.
.
โšก๏ธ It has four identical sides, an interior court, and a frieze designed by noted sculptor Charles Keck. The sculptures on the 161st Street side are by noted sculptor George Holburn Snowden.
.
๐Ÿ”ฅ The Bronx Museum of the Arts was once located on the main floor.
.
โญ๏ธ It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
.
๐ŸŽฒ The first floor's Veterans Memorial Hall houses four 10 ft. by 36 ft. murals, one per wall, by James Monroe Hewlett, depicting historic events in the Bronx. .
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ– El Palacio de Justicia del Condado de Bronx, tambiรฉn conocido como el Edificio Mario Merola, es un edificio histรณrico del palacio de justicia ubicado en los barrios Concourse y Melrose del Bronx.
.
๐ŸคFue diseรฑado en 1931 y construido entre 1931 y 1934. Es un edificio de piedra caliza de nueve pisos sobre una base de granito oxidado en estilo Art Deco.
.
โšก๏ธTiene cuatro lados idรฉnticos, un patio interior y un friso diseรฑado por el famoso escultor Charles Keck.Las esculturas en el lado de la calle 161 son del famoso escultor George Holburn Snowden.
.
๐Ÿ”ฅ El Museo de las Artes del Bronx estuvo ubicado en el piso principal.
.
โญ๏ธ Fue incluido en el Registro Nacional de Lugares Histรณricos en 1983.
.
๐ŸŽฒEl Veterans Memorial Hall del primer piso alberga cuatro murales de 10 pies por 36 pies, uno por pared, de James Monroe Hewlett, que representan eventos histรณricos en el Bronx.
.
#bronxsupremecourt #bronx #nyc #newyork #lawyer #law #blackandwhite #blackandwhitephotography
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿ” Bส€แดษดx Sแดœแด˜ส€แด‡แดแด‡ Cแดแดœส€แด› ๐Ÿ”Ž . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ– The Bronx County Courthouse, also known as the Mario Merola Building, is a historic courthouse building located in the Concourse and Melrose neighborhoods of the Bronx. . ๐ŸคIt was designed in 1931 and built between 1931 and 1934. It is a nine-story limestone building on a rusticated granite base in the Art Deco style. . โšก๏ธ It has four identical sides, an interior court, and a frieze designed by noted sculptor Charles Keck. The sculptures on the 161st Street side are by noted sculptor George Holburn Snowden. . ๐Ÿ”ฅ The Bronx Museum of the Arts was once located on the main floor. . โญ๏ธ It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. . ๐ŸŽฒ The first floor's Veterans Memorial Hall houses four 10 ft. by 36 ft. murals, one per wall, by James Monroe Hewlett, depicting historic events in the Bronx. . Spanish

๐Ÿ—ฃ ๐‘ญ๐’“๐’‚๐’๐’Œ ๐‘ณ๐’๐’๐’š๐’… ๐‘พ๐’“๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐‘น๐’๐’๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’• ๐‘ด๐’†๐’• .
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป The Living Room from the Francis W. Little House( Wayzata, Minnesota, 1912 ) installed in gallery 745 in the American Wing, was the center of family activity in one of Frank Lloyd Wright's grandest homes in the Prairie School style.
.
๐ŸคBuilt for lawyer and businessman Francis W. Little and his wife, Mary, the summer retreat overlooking Lake Minnetonka embodied Wright's comprehensive architectural vision.
.
๐ŸคWright and his colleagues gravitated toward minimally treated building materials in colors derived from nature to further incorporate houses into their surroundings.
.
๐ŸŽฌ The Littles moved to Minneapolis in 1907 and once again contacted Frank Lloyd Wright, asking him to design a new summer home for them. The house stretched 250 feet along the shore of Lake Minnetonka, following the contours of two hills. Wright allotted public and private areas according to the undulating topography: the living room was perched on the crest of a hill overlooking the lake, the bedrooms were a step below, and the service areas such as the kitchen were positioned at the hill's base.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป La sala de estar de la casa de Francis W. Little (Wayzata, Minnesota, 1912) instalada en la galerรญa 745 en el ala estadounidense, fue el centro de la actividad familiar en una de las casas mรกs grandiosas de Frank Lloyd Wright al estilo de la escuela Prairie.
.
๐ŸคConstruido para el abogado y empresario Francis W. Little y su esposa, Mary, el retiro de verano con vistas al lago Minnetonka encarnaba la visiรณn arquitectรณnica integral de Wright.
.
๐ŸคWright y sus colegas usaron materiales de construcciรณn con un tratamiento mรญnimo en colores derivados de la naturaleza para incorporar aรบn mรกs las casas a su entorno.
.
๐ŸŽฌThe Littles se mudaron a Minneapolis en 1907 y se contactรณ con Lloyd Wright, pidiรฉndole que diseรฑara una nueva casa de verano para ellos.La casa se extendรญa 250 pies a lo largo de la orilla del lago Minnetonka, siguiendo los contornos de dos colinas.Wright asignรณ รกreas pรบblicas y privadas:la sala de estar estaba en la cima.
.
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿ—ฃ ๐‘ญ๐’“๐’‚๐’๐’Œ ๐‘ณ๐’๐’๐’š๐’… ๐‘พ๐’“๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐‘น๐’๐’๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’• ๐‘ด๐’†๐’• . . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป The Living Room from the Francis W. Little House( Wayzata, Minnesota, 1912 ) installed in gallery 745 in the American Wing, was the center of family activity in one of Frank Lloyd Wright's grandest homes in the Prairie School style. . ๐ŸคBuilt for lawyer and businessman Francis W. Little and his wife, Mary, the summer retreat overlooking Lake Minnetonka embodied Wright's comprehensive architectural vision. . ๐ŸคWright and his colleagues gravitated toward minimally treated building materials in colors derived from nature to further incorporate houses into their surroundings. . ๐ŸŽฌ The Littles moved to Minneapolis in 1907 and once again contacted Frank Lloyd Wright, asking him to design a new summer home for them. The house stretched 250 feet along the shore of Lake

๐ŸŽŸ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐‚๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐˜๐‚ ๐ŸŽŸ.
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โค๏ธ The City College of NYC is a public senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY) in New York City.
.
๐ŸŽฅ Founded in 1847, City College was the first free public institution of higher education in the United States.
.
๐ŸงฉIt is the oldest of CUNY's 24 institutions of higher learning,and is considered its flagship college.
.
๐Ÿˆ Located in Hamilton Heights overlooking Harlem in Manhattan, City College's 35-acre (14 ha) Collegiate Gothic campus spans Convent Avenue from 130th to 141st Streets.
.
โœ๏ธ It was initially designed by renowned architect George B. Post.
.
๐Ÿ— The college has graduated ten Nobel Prize winners, one Fields Medalist, one Turing Award winner, three Pulitzer Prize winners, and 3 Rhodes Scholars
.
๐Ÿ“ฆIn 1955, a City College student named Alan A. Brown founded the economics honor society.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โค๏ธ The City College de Nueva York es un colegio pรบblico superior de la City University of New York (CUNY) en la ciudad de Nueva York.
.
๐ŸŽฅ Fundada en 1847, City College fue la primera instituciรณn pรบblica gratuita de educaciรณn superior en los Estados Unidos.
.
๐Ÿงฉ Es la mรกs antigua de las 24 instituciones de educaciรณn superior de CUNY, y se considera su universidad insignia.
.
๐Ÿˆ Ubicado en Hamilton Heights con vista a Harlem en Manhattan, el campus Collegiate Gothic de 35 acres (14 ha) de City College abarca Convent Avenue desde las calles 130 a 141.
.
โœ๏ธ Fue diseรฑado inicialmente por el famoso arquitecto George B. Post.
.
๐Ÿ—La universidad graduรณ a diez ganadores del Premio Nobel, un Medallista de Fields, un ganador del Premio Turing, tres ganadores del Premio Pulitzer y 3 Rhodes Scholars.
.
๐Ÿ“ฆEn 1955, un estudiante de City College llamado Alan A. Brown fundรณ la sociedad de honor de economรญa.
.
#citycollege #citycollegeofnewyork #newyork #college #university #nyc #blackandwhite #harlem #blackandwhitephotography
@ny.blackwhite

๐ŸŽŸ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐‚๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐˜๐‚ ๐ŸŽŸ. . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” โค๏ธ The City College of NYC is a public senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY) in New York City. . ๐ŸŽฅ Founded in 1847, City College was the first free public institution of higher education in the United States. . ๐ŸงฉIt is the oldest of CUNY's 24 institutions of higher learning,and is considered its flagship college. . ๐Ÿˆ Located in Hamilton Heights overlooking Harlem in Manhattan, City College's 35-acre (14 ha) Collegiate Gothic campus spans Convent Avenue from 130th to 141st Streets. . โœ๏ธ It was initially designed by renowned architect George B. Post. . ๐Ÿ— The college has graduated ten Nobel Prize winners, one Fields Medalist, one Turing Award winner, three Pulitzer Prize winners, and 3 Rhodes Scholars . ๐Ÿ“ฆIn 1955, a City College student named Alan A. Brown

๐Ÿงฉ ๐™ต๐š˜๐š›๐š ๐™ฒ๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š๐š˜๐š— ๐Ÿงฉ
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ– Fort Clinton in New York City's Central Park was an 1814 stone-and-earthworks fortification on a rocky escarpment near the present line of 107th Street, slightly west of Fifth Avenue.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ The fort was named after DeWitt Clinton, a mayor of New York City.
.
๐ŸคThis overlook marks the site of a military fortification built during the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.
.
โœ๏ธ The British built a fortification here in 1776, following their invasion of Manhattan, as part of a defensive line extending west to the Hudson River.  During the War of 1812, the Americans were concerned about a British attack on New York.
.
โค๏ธ This was part of a fortification system that included two other forts, Nutterโ€™s Battery and Fort Fish, which were connected by low earthen walls and linked to a gatehouse that controlled access to a local road.
.
โ˜€๏ธ The Central Park Conservancy rebuilt Fort Clinton in 2014.The two cannons were also conserved and reinstalled, after being in storage for 40 years.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” โ€”โ€”๐Ÿ– Fort Clinton en el Central Park era una fortificaciรณn de piedra y tierra de 1814 en un acantilado rocoso cerca de la lรญnea actual de la calle 107, un poco al oeste de la Quinta Avenida.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰El fuerte lleva el nombre de DeWitt Clinton, alcalde de la ciudad de Nueva York.
.
๐ŸคEste mirador marca el sitio de una fortificaciรณn militar construida durante la Guerra Revolucionaria y la Guerra de 1812.
.
โœ๏ธ Los britรกnicos construyeron una fortificaciรณn aquรญ en 1776, despuรฉs de su invasiรณn de Manhattan, como parte de una lรญnea defensiva que se extiende hacia el oeste hasta el rรญo Hudson. Durante la Guerra de 1812, los estadounidenses estaban preocupados por un ataque britรกnico contra Nueva York.
.
โค๏ธ Esto era parte de un sistema de fortificaciรณn que incluรญa otras dos fortalezas, Nutterโ€™s Battery y Fort Fish, que estaban conectadas por paredes bajas de tierra y unidas a una caseta de vigilancia que controlaba el acceso a una carretera local.
.
โ˜€๏ธ The Central Park Conservancy reconstruyรณ Fort Clinton en 2014, los dos caรฑones tambiรฉn fueron conservados y reinstalados.
.
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿงฉ ๐™ต๐š˜๐š›๐š ๐™ฒ๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š๐š˜๐š— ๐Ÿงฉ . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ– Fort Clinton in New York City's Central Park was an 1814 stone-and-earthworks fortification on a rocky escarpment near the present line of 107th Street, slightly west of Fifth Avenue. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ The fort was named after DeWitt Clinton, a mayor of New York City. . ๐ŸคThis overlook marks the site of a military fortification built during the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. . โœ๏ธ The British built a fortification here in 1776, following their invasion of Manhattan, as part of a defensive line extending west to the Hudson River. During the War of 1812, the Americans were concerned about a British attack on New York. . โค๏ธ This was part of a fortification system that included two other forts, Nutterโ€™s Battery and Fort Fish, which were connected by low earthen walls and linked to a gatehouse that controlled access to a

๐ŸŽฅ แŽช๊ฎฒ๊ฎป๊ฎฎ๊ฎฎ๊ฎป แŽข๊ฎ‹๊ญผ๊ญบ๊ญฒ๊ญผ๊ญฑ ๐ŸŽฅ
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ–ค The Apollo Theater is a music hall located at 253 West 125th in Harlem, Manhattan, New York City.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ The theater, which has a capacity of 1,506, opened in 1914 as Hurtig & Seamon's New Burlesque Theater, and was designed by George Keister in the neo-Classical style.
.
๐Ÿ– In 1983, both the interior and exterior of the building were designated as New York City Landmarks,and the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
.
๐ŸงฉIt is estimated that 1.3 million people visit the Apollo every year.
.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป During the early 1930s, the theatre fell into disrepair and closed once more. In 1933, it was purchased by Sidney Cohen, who owned other theaters in the area,and after lavish renovations it re-opened as the
@ny.blackwhite

๐ŸŽฅ แŽช๊ฎฒ๊ฎป๊ฎฎ๊ฎฎ๊ฎป แŽข๊ฎ‹๊ญผ๊ญบ๊ญฒ๊ญผ๊ญฑ ๐ŸŽฅ . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ–ค The Apollo Theater is a music hall located at 253 West 125th in Harlem, Manhattan, New York City. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ The theater, which has a capacity of 1,506, opened in 1914 as Hurtig & Seamon's New Burlesque Theater, and was designed by George Keister in the neo-Classical style. . ๐Ÿ– In 1983, both the interior and exterior of the building were designated as New York City Landmarks,and the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. . ๐ŸงฉIt is estimated that 1.3 million people visit the Apollo every year. . ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป During the early 1930s, the theatre fell into disrepair and closed once more. In 1933, it was purchased by Sidney Cohen, who owned other theaters in the area,and after lavish renovations it re-opened as the "Apollo Theater" on January 16, 1934. . โœ๏ธ On April 24, 2002 American pop star Michael Jackson

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป WNYC Tส€แด€ษดsแดษชแด›แด›แด‡ส€ Pแด€ส€แด‹ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป.
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ–ค WNYC Transmitter Park was opened to the Greenpoint-Williamsburg communities in 2012 as a local waterfront destination.
.
โœ๏ธ Once the working home of the WNYC radio transmission towers, the park is now a stunning green space.
.
โœ‹ The site was acquired by the public radio station WNYC in 1935 as the site of twin antennas used for broadcasting. From 1937 to 1990, the city-operated station broadcast its AM signal from this location.
.
๐ŸงฉA team with three internationally acclaimed artists achieved meaningful murals, plus an illuminated iconic water tower powered by solar energy.
.
๐Ÿ–ผ This mural calls โ€œLove me, Love me notโ€ and was made aiming to depict a moment that asks the question of what kind of relationship we have with nature. โ€œAre we here to love it and take care of it or not?โ€.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ–ค โ€‹โ€‹WNYC Transmitter Park se abriรณ a las comunidades de Greenpoint-Williamsburg en 2012 como un destino local frente al rio.
.
โœ๏ธ Una vez fue el hogar de trabajo de las torres de transmisiรณn de radio WNYC, y el parque ahora es un impresionante espacio verde.
.
โœ‹ El sitio fue adquirido por la estaciรณn de radio pรบblica WNYC en 1935 como el sitio de antenas gemelas utilizadas para la transmisiรณn.De 1937 a 1990, la estaciรณn operada por la ciudad transmitiรณ su seรฑal de AM desde esta ubicaciรณn.
.
๐ŸงฉUn equipo con tres artistas de renombre internacional crearon dos murales, ademรกs de una icรณnica torre de agua iluminada que funciona con energรญa solar.
.
๐Ÿ–ผ Este mural se llama
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป WNYC Tส€แด€ษดsแดษชแด›แด›แด‡ส€ Pแด€ส€แด‹ ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป. . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ–ค WNYC Transmitter Park was opened to the Greenpoint-Williamsburg communities in 2012 as a local waterfront destination. . โœ๏ธ Once the working home of the WNYC radio transmission towers, the park is now a stunning green space. . โœ‹ The site was acquired by the public radio station WNYC in 1935 as the site of twin antennas used for broadcasting. From 1937 to 1990, the city-operated station broadcast its AM signal from this location. . ๐ŸงฉA team with three internationally acclaimed artists achieved meaningful murals, plus an illuminated iconic water tower powered by solar energy. . ๐Ÿ–ผ This mural calls โ€œLove me, Love me notโ€ and was made aiming to depict a moment that asks the question of what kind of relationship we have with nature. โ€œAre we here to love it and take care of it or not?โ€. . Spanish

๐Ÿˆ ๐—”๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—™๐—ผ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐Ÿˆ .
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ–ค American Football Day celebrates one of the nationโ€™s most popular sports.
.
โœ‹ Rugby and soccer paved the way for American football in the late 1800s, according to National Today.
.
โ˜๏ธ The pre-NFL American Professional Football Association began in 1920. Things grew quickly on the pro side. The NFL had grown to 25 teams by the mid 20s, and although the rival AFL folded after one season, it marked a growing interest in the game.
.
๐Ÿˆ Several college stars joined the NFL, most notably the University of Illinoisโ€™ Red Grange.
.
๐ŸคœThe Baltimore Colts and the New York Giants, meeting at Yankee Stadium,  played the first โ€œsudden deathโ€ overtime game in NFL history.
.
๐Ÿ™ 1967-Super Bowl I.Los Angeles hosts the first AFL-NFL World Championship Game (now known as Super Bowl I) on January 15.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ–ค El Dรญa del fรบtbol americano celebra uno de los deportes mรกs populares del paรญs.
.
โœ‹ El rugby y el fรบtbol allanaron el camino para el fรบtbol americano a fines del siglo XIX.
.
โ˜๏ธ La Asociaciรณn Americana de Fรบtbol Profesional anterior a la NFL comenzรณ en 1920. Las cosas crecieron rรกpidamente en el lado profesional.La NFL habรญa crecido a 25 equipos a mediados de los aรฑos 20, y aunque el rival AFL se retirรณ despuรฉs de una temporada, marcรณ un creciente interรฉs en el juego.
.
๐Ÿˆ Varias estrellas de la universidad se unieron a la NFL, especialmente la Red Grange de la Universidad de Illinois.
.
๐Ÿคœ Baltimore Colts y los New York Giants, reunidos en el Yankee Stadium, jugaron el primer juego de horas extra de โ€œmuerte sรบbitaโ€ en la historia de la NFL.
.
๐Ÿ™ 1967-Super Bowl I.Los รngeles acoge el primer Juego del Campeonato Mundial AFL-NFL (ahora conocido como Super Bowl I) el 15 de enero.
.
#americanfootball #americanfootballday #jets #newyork #nyc #blackandwhite #sports
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿˆ ๐—”๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—™๐—ผ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐Ÿˆ . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ–ค American Football Day celebrates one of the nationโ€™s most popular sports. . โœ‹ Rugby and soccer paved the way for American football in the late 1800s, according to National Today. . โ˜๏ธ The pre-NFL American Professional Football Association began in 1920. Things grew quickly on the pro side. The NFL had grown to 25 teams by the mid 20s, and although the rival AFL folded after one season, it marked a growing interest in the game. . ๐Ÿˆ Several college stars joined the NFL, most notably the University of Illinoisโ€™ Red Grange. . ๐ŸคœThe Baltimore Colts and the New York Giants, meeting at Yankee Stadium, played the first โ€œsudden deathโ€ overtime game in NFL history. . ๐Ÿ™ 1967-Super Bowl I.Los Angeles hosts the first AFL-NFL World Championship Game (now known as Super Bowl I) on

โœ‹ Pepsฤฑ Colฮฑ Sฤฑgn ๐Ÿคš
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ‘‰In 1940, the sign was placed on top of a massive PepsiCo bottling plant that sat right where the park is today.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ The Pepsi-Cola signโ€™s own fate had been precarious through the years until it was granted landmark status in 2016 (after 28 years of consideration).
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ Standing 20 feet off the ground โ€” with a 50-foot bottle and the โ€œPโ€ and โ€œCโ€ reaching four stories high โ€” the Pepsi-Cola sign is arguably the most recognizable feature on the waterfront.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ the sign you see today is not quite what went up in 1940. The neon-sign bottle was redone in the 1970s to reflect the redesign of the real bottle.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ in 2001, the plant closed. And, in 2004, the sign was dismantled and moved down the waterfront so that the building could be torn down.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ PepsiCo has partnered with JetBlue, the airline based in Long Island City, to carry its sodas and other products on all JetBlue flights. To mark the deal, JetBlue added its familiar text-based logo, plus a blue arrow, clouds and a jet emblem, to the bottom of the sign.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ‘‰ En 1940, el letrero se colocรณ encima de una enorme planta de embotellado de PepsiCo que se encontraba justo donde estรก el parque hoy.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ El propio destino del signo de Pepsi-Cola habรญa sido precario a travรฉs de los aรฑos hasta que se le otorgรณ el estatus de hito en 2016 (despuรฉs de 28 aรฑos de consideraciรณn).
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ De pie a 20 pies del suelo, con una botella de 50 pies y la
@ny.blackwhite

โœ‹ Pepsฤฑ Colฮฑ Sฤฑgn ๐Ÿคš . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ‘‰In 1940, the sign was placed on top of a massive PepsiCo bottling plant that sat right where the park is today. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ The Pepsi-Cola signโ€™s own fate had been precarious through the years until it was granted landmark status in 2016 (after 28 years of consideration). . ๐Ÿ‘‰ Standing 20 feet off the ground โ€” with a 50-foot bottle and the โ€œPโ€ and โ€œCโ€ reaching four stories high โ€” the Pepsi-Cola sign is arguably the most recognizable feature on the waterfront. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ the sign you see today is not quite what went up in 1940. The neon-sign bottle was redone in the 1970s to reflect the redesign of the real bottle. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ in 2001, the plant closed. And, in 2004, the sign was dismantled and moved down the waterfront so that the building could be torn down. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ PepsiCo has partnered with JetBlue, the airline based in Long Island City, to carry its sodas

๐Ÿ–ค Morris Jumel Mansion ๐Ÿ–ค.
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ‘‰ The Morrisโ€“Jumel Mansion is a Federal style museum home in northern Manhattan with mid-eighteenth century roots.
.
๐ŸคšIt was built in 1765 by Roger Morris, a British military officer,and served as a headquarters for both sides in the American Revolution.
.
โค๏ธ Located in Roger Morris Park in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, it is the oldest house in the borough.
.
๐ŸคฉThe home and grounds were purchased as a museum home in 1903 and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1961.
.
โœ๏ธ The house was built as a summer villa on a parcel comprising an area of 130 acres. It is an early example of the Palladian style of architecture. His design included a double-height portico and triangular pediment โ€“ innovative features for 1765 โ€“ supported by grand Tuscan columns, and a two-story octagonal room at the rear of the mansion.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ‘‰ La mansiรณn Morris-Jumel es una casa museo de estilo federal en el norte de Manhattan con raรญces de mediados del siglo XVIII.
.
๐ŸคšFue construido en 1765 por Roger Morris, un oficial militar britรกnico, y sirviรณ como cuartel general para ambos lados en la Revoluciรณn Americana.
.
โค๏ธ Ubicada en el parque Roger Morris en el vecindario de Washington Heights en Manhattan, es la casa mรกs antigua del distrito.
.
๐ŸคฉLa casa y los terrenos se compraron como casa museo en 1903 y se declararon Monumento Histรณrico Nacional en 1961.
.
โœ๏ธ La casa fue construida como una villa de verano en una parcela que abarca un รกrea de 130 acres.  Es un ejemplo temprano del estilo de arquitectura palladiano.  Su diseรฑo incluรญa un pรณrtico de doble altura y un frontรณn triangular, caracterรญsticas innovadoras para 1765, respaldado por grandes columnas toscanas, y una habitaciรณn octogonal de dos pisos en la parte trasera de la mansiรณn.
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿ–ค Morris Jumel Mansion ๐Ÿ–ค. . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ‘‰ The Morrisโ€“Jumel Mansion is a Federal style museum home in northern Manhattan with mid-eighteenth century roots. . ๐ŸคšIt was built in 1765 by Roger Morris, a British military officer,and served as a headquarters for both sides in the American Revolution. . โค๏ธ Located in Roger Morris Park in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, it is the oldest house in the borough. . ๐ŸคฉThe home and grounds were purchased as a museum home in 1903 and declared a National Historic Landmark in 1961. . โœ๏ธ The house was built as a summer villa on a parcel comprising an area of 130 acres. It is an early example of the Palladian style of architecture. His design included a double-height portico and triangular pediment โ€“ innovative features for 1765 โ€“ supported by grand Tuscan columns, and a two-story octagonal room at the rear of the mansion. . Spanish

๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ 49th running of New York City Marathon ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ.
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ‘‰ The TCS New York City Marathon is the largest marathon in the world and the signature event of New York Road Runners (NYRR), the worldโ€™s premier community running organization.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ The race is held annually on the first Sunday of November and includes over 50,000 runners, from the worldโ€™s top professional athletes to runners of all ages and abilities, including over 9,000 charity runners.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ Participants from over 125 countries tour the diverse neighborhoods of New York Cityโ€™s five boroughsโ€”Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Manhattan.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ More than one million spectators and 10,000 volunteers line the cityโ€™s streets in support of the runners, while millions more watch the globally televised broadcast.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ The course exits Staten Island via the Verranzzano-Narrows Bridge, and takes runners through Brooklyn, then up into Queens, before entering Manhattan. After a trip up into Bronx, runners head back down into Manhattan and enter Central Park.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ‘‰ El TCS New York City Marathon es el mรกs grande del mundo y el evento emblemรกtico de New York Road Runners (NYRR), la principal organizaciรณn mundial de corredores comunitarios.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰La carrera se celebra anualmente el primer domingo de noviembre e incluye mรกs de 50,000 corredores, desde los mejores atletas profesionales del mundo hasta corredores de todas las edades y habilidades, incluidos mรกs de 9,000 corredores de caridad.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ Participantes de mรกs de 125 paรญses recorren los diversos barrios de los cinco distritos de la ciudad de Nueva York: Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, el Bronx y Manhattan.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ Mรกs de un millรณn de espectadores y 10,000 voluntarios se alinean en las calles de la ciudad en apoyo de los corredores, mientras que millones mรกs miran la transmisiรณn televisada a nivel mundial.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ El curso sale de Staten Island por el puente Verranzzano-Narrows, y lleva a los corredores a travรฉs de Brooklyn, luego a Queens, antes de ingresar a Manhattan.  Despuรฉs de un viaje al Bronx, los corredores regresan a Manhattan y entran al Central Park.
.
#nycmarathon
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ 49th running of New York City Marathon ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ. . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ‘‰ The TCS New York City Marathon is the largest marathon in the world and the signature event of New York Road Runners (NYRR), the worldโ€™s premier community running organization. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ The race is held annually on the first Sunday of November and includes over 50,000 runners, from the worldโ€™s top professional athletes to runners of all ages and abilities, including over 9,000 charity runners. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ Participants from over 125 countries tour the diverse neighborhoods of New York Cityโ€™s five boroughsโ€”Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Manhattan. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ More than one million spectators and 10,000 volunteers line the cityโ€™s streets in support of the runners, while millions more watch the globally televised broadcast. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ The course exits Staten Island via the Verranzzano-Narrows Bridge, and

๐Ÿ™ โ„๐• ๐•ก๐•– โ„๐• ๐• ๐•ค๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•๐•ฅ ๐•€๐•ค๐•๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• โ„‚๐• ๐•ง๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ โ„‚๐•™๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•™ .
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐ŸคšThe Chapel of the Good Shepherd is a historic Episcopal church designed by architect Frederick Clarke Withers and built in 1888, located at 543 Main Street on Roosevelt Island.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ It was originally an Episcopal chapel, but is now the Good Shepherd Community Ecumenical Center, used for Episcopal worship services and by other groups.
.
๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ The chapel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972,and was restored in 2003.
.
๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป Frederick Clarke Withers (4 February 1828 โ€“ 7 January 1901) was a successful English architect in America, especially renowned for his Gothic Revival church designs.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐ŸคšLa Capilla del Buen Pastor es una iglesia histรณrica episcopal diseรฑada por el arquitecto Frederick Clarke Withers y construida en 1888, ubicada en 543 Main Street en Roosevelt Island.
.
๐Ÿ‘‰ Originalmente era una capilla episcopal, pero ahora es el Centro Ecumรฉnico de la Comunidad del Buen Pastor, utilizado para los servicios de adoraciรณn episcopal y por otros grupos.
.
๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ La capilla figuraba en el Registro Nacional de Lugares Histรณricos en 1972 y fue restaurada en 2003.
.
๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป Frederick Clarke Withers (4 de febrero de 1828 - 7 de enero de 1901) fue un exitoso arquitecto inglรฉs en Estados Unidos, especialmente conocido por sus diseรฑos de iglesias de estilo gรณtico.
.
#chapel #hoperooseveltislandcovenantchurch #rooseveltisland #newyork #nyc #blackandwhite #architecture
@ny.blackwhite

๐Ÿ™ โ„๐• ๐•ก๐•– โ„๐• ๐• ๐•ค๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•๐•ฅ ๐•€๐•ค๐•๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•• โ„‚๐• ๐•ง๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ โ„‚๐•™๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•™ . . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐ŸคšThe Chapel of the Good Shepherd is a historic Episcopal church designed by architect Frederick Clarke Withers and built in 1888, located at 543 Main Street on Roosevelt Island. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ It was originally an Episcopal chapel, but is now the Good Shepherd Community Ecumenical Center, used for Episcopal worship services and by other groups. . ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ The chapel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972,and was restored in 2003. . ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป Frederick Clarke Withers (4 February 1828 โ€“ 7 January 1901) was a successful English architect in America, especially renowned for his Gothic Revival church designs. . Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐ŸคšLa Capilla del Buen Pastor es una iglesia

โ˜€๏ธ ๐™๐™ง๐™–๐™ข๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™‹๐™ก๐™–๐™ฏ๐™– โ˜€๏ธ
.
๐Ÿ“#facts .
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โœ๏ธ The Roosevelt Island Tramway is an aerial tramway in New York City that spans the East River and connects Roosevelt Island to the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
.
๐Ÿ”Ž The tramway is the first commuter aerial tramway in North America, having opened in 1976. Since then, over 26 million passengers have ridden the tram.
.
๐Ÿ”“ consists of two capsules that run back and forth on two parallel tracks. It is one of the few forms of mass transit in New York City not run by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, but uses that system's MetroCard and has free transfers to that system.
.
โค๏ธ Was the last holdout for the use of tokens in the New York City transit system. Initially, it used a special token, which was later replaced by the standard variety for subways and buses. Although tokens were phased out in favor of the MetroCard by 2003, the tram did not start to accept MetroCards until 2004.
.
๐ŸคšOn April 18, 2006, at about 5:22 p.m., the two trams were stuck over the East River for 7 hours because of mechanical problems, trapping 69 people.
.
Spanish โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
โœ๏ธ El Roosevelt Island Tramway es un telefรฉrico en la ciudad de Nueva York que se extiende por el East River y conecta la isla Roosevelt con el Upper East Side.
.
๐Ÿ”Ž Es el primer tranvรญa aรฉreo de cercanรญas en Amรฉrica del Norte, que se abriรณ en 1976. Desde entonces, mรกs de 26 millones de pasajeros han subido al tranvรญa.
.
๐Ÿ”“Consta de dos cรกpsulas que van en dos pistas paralelas.Es una de las pocas formas de transporte pรบblico en la ciudad de Nueva York que no estรก administrada por la Autoridad Metropolitana de Transporte, pero utiliza la MetroCard de ese sistema.
.
โค๏ธ Fue la รบltima reserva para el uso de tokens en el sistema de trรกnsito de la ciudad de Nueva York.Inicialmente, utilizaba una ficha especial, que luego fue reemplazada por la variedad estรกndar para metro y autobuses.Aunque los tokens se eliminaron gradualmente a favor de la MetroCard en 2003 y hasta 2004.
.
๐ŸคšEl 18 de abril de 2006, alrededor de las 5:22 p.m., los dos tranvรญas quedaron atrapados sobre el East River durante 7 horas por fallas.
.
@ny.blackwhite

โ˜€๏ธ ๐™๐™ง๐™–๐™ข๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™‹๐™ก๐™–๐™ฏ๐™– โ˜€๏ธ . ๐Ÿ“ #facts . English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” โœ๏ธ The Roosevelt Island Tramway is an aerial tramway in New York City that spans the East River and connects Roosevelt Island to the Upper East Side of Manhattan. . ๐Ÿ”Ž The tramway is the first commuter aerial tramway in North America, having opened in 1976. Since then, over 26 million passengers have ridden the tram. . ๐Ÿ”“ consists of two capsules that run back and forth on two parallel tracks. It is one of the few forms of mass transit in New York City not run by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, but uses that system's MetroCard and has free transfers to that system. . โค๏ธ Was the last holdout for the use of tokens in the New York City transit system. Initially, it used a special token, which was later replaced by the standard variety for subways and buses. Although tokens were phased out in favor of the

๐ŸŽƒ Hแฅฒฯฯแƒง Hแฅฒแฅฃแฅฃoแฅ•แฅฑแฅฑแฅ’ ๐Ÿ‘ป .
.
๐Ÿค” #doyouknow ?.
English (Spanish below)
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ‘‰ The word Halloween or Hallowe'en dates to about 1745 and is of Christian origin.The word
@ny.blackwhite

๐ŸŽƒ Hแฅฒฯฯแƒง Hแฅฒแฅฃแฅฃoแฅ•แฅฑแฅฑแฅ’ ๐Ÿ‘ป . . ๐Ÿค” #doyouknow ?. English (Spanish below) โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” ๐Ÿ‘‰ The word Halloween or Hallowe'en dates to about 1745 and is of Christian origin.The word "Hallowe'en" means "Saints' evening".It comes from a Scottish term for All Hallows' Eve (the evening before All Hallows' Day). . ๐Ÿ‘‰ It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide,the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb. pumpkin. . ๐Ÿ‘‰ Trick-or-treating evolved from the ancient Celtic tradition of putting out treats and food to placate spirits who roamed the streets at Samhain, a sacred festival that marked the end of the Celtic calendar year.

Next